The Polar Bears won the sportsmanship award for U-11 Girls Division 1 Soccer!!!!
We came out on top, BY A LARGE MARGIN.
But the summary is the Polar Bears got 206 points and the next team got 174 (the Illusion).
As a reward, LWYSA pays for a party at Illusionz.
Even if we don’t win the Tournament, I view this as complete victory. When the season started I told the parents and the girls we had the following goals:
Create an extraordinary, unique, and fun growth experience for our daughters to help them develop into confident, capable young women.
The pillars of what they should take away:
– goals of the team above their own
– reward great teamwork above individual play
– how to win
– how to loose
– team building fun
– most physically demanding of any sport these girls have played to date
– will run 6 miles over the course of a game
– learn to focus and do their job even when tired
– Experience success coming form working hard and smart
– Confidence that grows out of hard work, overcoming adversity, and ultimately winning competitively.
- Soccer ability – skills, knowledge of the game, future opportunities to play at higher levels.