About Charlie Kindel
- Why Nobody Can Copy Apple
- Fragmentation Is Not The End of Android
- Paying Developers is A Bad Idea
- Google Will Abandon Android
- Don't Build APIs...
- A Mouse and Keyboard Don't Make a Hardware Company
- Windows Phone is Superior; Why Hasn’t it Taken Off?
- You are Thinking of Your Career Trajectory Wrong
- STOP 0xC2 aka BAD_POOL_CALLER Blue Screen and bad memory
- Businesses Buy Differently
cek.log is hosted on WP Engine. I highly recommend them.
Category Archives: Apple
October 6, 2013
Last year Jonathan Zufi reached out to me asking if he could use a quote from my “Why Nobody Can Copy Apple” blog post in a book on Apple he was working on. I said sure, why not? I’m glad …
February 28, 2013
My post on Why Nobody Can Copy Apple has become one of the most read posts I’ve ever written (thanks @gruber). Many commenters are asking me “Can you describe more what the behaviors are that are different when building for …
February 19, 2013
Horace Dediu has written another brilliant piece titled “Why doesn’t anybody copy Apple?”. As he points out, Apple is fairly unique in its command of vertical integration and many people point to that as the “why”. However, Horace also admits …
October 22, 2012
Today LockerGnome ran a guest post by yours truly titled “The Fragmentation of Mobile Fragmentation”. This is a follow-on post to my post focused on Android in January, intended to express my opinions on the broader mobile ecosystem. (Note, as …