About Charlie Kindel
- Why Nobody Can Copy Apple
- Fragmentation Is Not The End of Android
- Paying Developers is A Bad Idea
- Google Will Abandon Android
- Don't Build APIs...
- A Mouse and Keyboard Don't Make a Hardware Company
- Windows Phone is Superior; Why Hasn’t it Taken Off?
- You are Thinking of Your Career Trajectory Wrong
- STOP 0xC2 aka BAD_POOL_CALLER Blue Screen and bad memory
- Businesses Buy Differently
cek.log is hosted on WP Engine. I highly recommend them.
Category Archives: Home Automation
January 1, 2013
I love git. I love GitHub. But GitHub doesn’t seem to appreciate open source projects that require hosting more than source code. MCE Controller is an open source Windows app intended to be used by non-developers. This means it has …
December 19, 2012
By popular demand (shocking, I know), MCE Controller now supports RS-232 in addition to TCP/IP connections. This means that you can now control any Windows PC via the serial port. MCE Controller is an open source application I built for …
March 27, 2012
MCE Controller allows you to remotely control another Windows PC on your network. For example it allows you to simulate a press of any button on the Windows Media Center IR remote control from another computer; if MCE Controller receives …
January 3, 2012
[UPDATED: Feb 11, 2012 – Version 1.4.0 Released] MCE Controller enables the remote control of a Windows PC over the network. It runs in the background on a Windows PC listening on the network for commands. It then translates those …