About Charlie Kindel
- Why Nobody Can Copy Apple
- Fragmentation Is Not The End of Android
- Paying Developers is A Bad Idea
- Google Will Abandon Android
- Don't Build APIs...
- A Mouse and Keyboard Don't Make a Hardware Company
- Windows Phone is Superior; Why Hasn’t it Taken Off?
- You are Thinking of Your Career Trajectory Wrong
- Businesses Buy Differently
- STOP 0xC2 aka BAD_POOL_CALLER Blue Screen and bad memory
cek.log is hosted on WP Engine. I highly recommend them.
Category Archives: Platforms
February 21, 2013
Just as in the ’90s, there’s a bunch of hype these days around solving the cross-platform development problem. Mobile platform fragmentation is killing developers, and if only every device supported some common language or technology engine we could all Write …
October 22, 2012
Today LockerGnome ran a guest post by yours truly titled “The Fragmentation of Mobile Fragmentation”. This is a follow-on post to my post focused on Android in January, intended to express my opinions on the broader mobile ecosystem. (Note, as …
October 18, 2012
I’ve been using a taxonomy to describe the market-sides of the mobile ecosystem that looks like this: Up until now, my writing on the mobile ecosystem has been focused on smartphones, because their adoption and sales dominated. Given …
September 26, 2012
The companies that make the most profit are those who build virtuous platform cycles. There are no proof points in history of virtuous platform cycles being created when the platform provider incents developers to target the platform by paying them. …