I typically just use .Text’s standard edit form for creating my posts, but it does not deal with images well (see my posts from Asia and you’ll know what I mean. I’ve tried both BlogJet (in fact I’m typing this in BlogJet) and w.Bloggar, but they don’t do what I want either.
What I want is to be able to point to a picture on my local machine and have the following happen:
- A low resolution version suitable for appearing in a typical blog display is created and saved to the server hosting my blog.
- The high-res version is also uploaded to the host.
- The blog entry gets an <img> tag in it pointing to the low-res version with an <A> tag wrapping it with the link pointing to the hi-res version.
- Since I use .Text, the images should be added to .Text’s Gallery.
- I want the low-res version default to the right (I want it to look like www.engadget.com entries).
I want, I want, I want!